Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Blog Numero Uno

Well, since I have so much fun checking out other people's blogs, I thought it might be fun to make one of our own.  It seems to be a pretty good way to keep up with whats going on in people's lives.  So, here goes!

I feel like we've finally settled in to our new apartment and our new status as being married.  The time is flying by, and I can't believe its already been almost 4 months since being home with our friends and family to celebrate our marriage.  We've now unpacked all the boxes, put away all the wedding gifts, and sent out all the thank you cards.  Whew!  Time to relax a little.

I've been working at Arvest Bank for exactly one year tomorrow (wow!) and am enjoying a 40hr/week paycheck.  Jared is already into his second year of grad school here at the University of Arkansas, and has started teaching an introductory class this semester.  He lets me help grade papers, and I really like it! Wonder if I'm in the wrong field? All I know is I have a crush on Professor Hanlin : )

So, there's some background on what we're doing now, I'll probably be more specific next time.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say, Shannon, that teaching certainly has it's rewards... I miss not teaching this year. I bet,if you push it, you will find that the Professor has a crush on you, too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sounds like you're settled in for the winter.......glad to hear that all's well in Arkansas. Do you follow the AR football team? Keep on grading the papers and have fun - while you hang on to your 40-hour/week job. :)
    Love you both.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete